Havana Jazz Festival | Las Terrazas | Viñales
Friday, January 20, 2023 – Sunday, January 29, 2023 (10 Days)
- Trip Cost Option 1 (Full Service – FL & Cuba): $3,500/person in double accommodation
- Surcharge for singles room (limited availability): $350
- Trip Cost Option 2 (Only Cuba)**: $2,750/person in double accommodation
- Surcharge for singles room (limited availability): $200
Included in the trip cost (Option 1 only)
- Airfare between Miami/Fort Lauderdale and Havana de Cuba (**Not included in Option 2)
- Cuba Tourist Visa (**Not included in Option 2)
- Only for US Citizens who were not born in Cuba. (**Not included in Option 2)
- Other participants (non-US citizens and US citizens born in Cuba) will be given a $100 discount and will need to arrange their own visas through the Cuban embassy. (**Not included in Option 2)
- Hotel transfers in Miami (**Not included in Option 2)
- 1 nights accommodations in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL (**Not included in Option 2)
Included in the trip cost (Option 1 and Option 2)
- 8 Nights in Cuba
- 6 nights homestays in Havana
- 2 nights homestays in Viñales and/or Trinidad de Cuba.
- 18 meals
- 8 home-cooked breakfasts
- 4 lunches at local restaurants
- 6 home cooked dinners
- Jazz Festival Passes (Wednesday evening concert | Full Day Passes Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Medical Insurance Policies (Medical/Political/Natural Disaster Evacuation & Medical Reunion)
- All program related ground transportation in Cuba, including airport transfers, intercity buses, local taxis, and bike taxis.
- All entry fees (attractions, concerts, museums, & galleries), guides, translators
- Two Washington College Faculty guides with extensive expertise in Cuban culture, history, politics, music/dance/art.
- All tips for guides.
- Internet based education, lists of recommended background material including readings and podcasts, and on-site talks and informal lectures by Cuban Music and Culture experts of Washington College, Dr. Ken Schweitzer (Music Department) and Dr. Aaron Lampman (Anthropology Department).
Not Included in trip cost:
- Flights from home to Miami, FL
- Checked baggage fees
- 4 lunches & 2 dinners in Cuba
- Meals outside Cuba (e.g., dinner and breakfast in Miami & meals on your flights)
- Souvenirs & snacks/drinks
- Optional excursions during free time
- Optional Travel Insurance (strongly recommended)
PAYMENTS should be be made through Washington College
- Refundable Deposit Deadline for Guaranteed Participation ($500) | Due October 3, 2022
- Registration/Deposit will be accepted on a rolling basis until the trip is full.
- Deposit Becomes non-refundable on October 17, 2022
- Second deposit ($500) | November 4, 2022
- Second Deposit becomes non-refundable on November 4, 2022
- Balance | Due November 26, 2022
- Balance becomes non-refundable November 26, 2023
- General Cancellation Policy
- Coronavirus | Covid-19 Statement
* Tour requires at least 12 participants to run. In the event tour is cancelled due to low enrollment, all deposits will be refunded. Enrollment is established on a first come, first serve basis up to a maximum of 23 participants. In order to ensure availability of housing and transportation, enroll before October 3, 2022. After October 3, 2022, we will still accept deposits (up to the maximum of 23) assuming we can secure housing and transportation. To protect your investment, consider Travel Insurance (upgrade to “cancel for any reason”), which can be purchased at any time. Be aware, however, that Travel Insurance is most effective when purchased with a few days of making your initial deposit. For more info.
** NOTE: For most clients, we highly recommend Option 1, which allows everyone to meet in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL the night before we travel to Cuba and ensures a smoothest of arrivals. This option includes round-trip air transportation from Miami to Cuba, Cuban Tourist Visas, one night hotel stay, and airport transfers. However, If you wish to meet the group in Havana, you may select Option 2 and arrange your own airfare, visa, and any necessary hotels in the US. in this instance, we will still provide ground transportation from Havana airport to our homestays. Please inform Ashé Tours early of your desires/plans so we can make timely arrangements. In order to fully participate in the first days programming, you should arrive by 11:00AM on Day Two of the itinerary.