Washington College ALUMNI TRIP to the Cuba
Friday, October 9, 2020 – Saturday, October 17, 2020 (9 Days)
Trip Cost: $3,300/person in double accommodation** | Surcharge for singles room (limited availability): $400
Included in the trip cost:
- Airfare between Miami and Havana
- Hotel transfers in Miami
- 8 nights accomodations
- 1 night hotel in Miami, FL
- 5 nights homestays in Havana
- 2 nights hotel stays in Viñales
- 16 meals
- 7 home-cooked breakfasts
- 4 lunches at local restaurants
- 5 home cooked dinners
- Medical Insurance Policies (Medical/Political/Natural Disaster Evacuation & Medical Reunion)
- All program related ground transportation in Cuba, including airport transfers, intercity buses, local taxis, and bike taxis.
- All entry fees (attractions, concerts, museums, & galleries), guides, translators
- Two Washington College Faculty guides with extensive expertise in Cuban culture, history, politics, music/dance/art.
- All tips for guides.
- Internet based education, lists of recommended background material including readings and podcasts, and on-site talks and informal lectures by Cuban Music and Culture experts of Washington College, Dr. Ken Schweitzer (Music Department) and Dr. Aaron Lampman (Anthropology Department).
Not Included in trip cost:
- Flights from home to Miami, FL
- Checked baggage fees
- 3 lunches & 2 dinners in Cuba
- Meals outside Cuba (e.g., dinner and breakfast in Miami & meals on your flights)
- Souvenirs & snacks/drinks
- Optional excursions during free time
- Optional Travel Insurance (strongly recommended)
Payment deadlines: Link to the payment/registration site
- Refundable Deposit Deadline for Guaranteed Participation ($500) | Due July 1, 2020*
- Non-Refundable Second deposit ($500) | Due August 1, 2020
- Non-Refundable Balance | Due August 25, 2020
- General Cancellation Policy
- Coronavirus | Covid-19 Notice
* Tour requires at least 14 participants to run. In the event tour is cancelled due to low enrollment, all deposits will be refunded. Enrollment is established on a first come, first serve basis up to a maximum of 23 participants. In order to ensure availability of housing and transportation, enroll before July 1, 2020. After July 1, we will still accept deposits (up to the maximum of 23) assuming we can secure housing and transportation. Deposits and payments are non-refundable 48 hours after their respective deadlines. To protect your investment, consider Travel Insurance (upgrade to “cancel for any reason”), which can be purchased at any time. Be aware, however, that Travel Insurance is most effective when purchased with a few days of making your initial deposit. For more info.
** NOTE: Trip costs include round-trip air transportation from Miami to Cuba. If you wish to meet the group in Havana, you may opt to purchase your own airfare, visa and ground transportation from Havana airport to our homestays. Please inform Ashé Tours of your desires/plans and we can discount your fee appropriately. In order to fully participate in the first days programming, you should arrive by 11:00AM.