REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION –– All participants must complete these two documents and return to Ashé Cultural Tours, LLC, 204 Crossgate Drive, Church Hill, MD, 21623
- Travel Affidavit
- Waiver Agreement
- Photocopy of your passport. This can be sent via mail or email (email@example.com)
- Welcome Letter – Mainstay May This letter has some important details about our trip. It discusses:
- People-to-People Tours and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC licensing)
- Info about Accessibility in Cuba and the nature of our Homestays
- Flight (outbound and inbound)
- Bus from Washington College to Newark, NJ on March 9th at 4:30AM
- Flight from Newark to Havana – 9:59AM on United Flight #3742
- Flight from Santa Clara (SNU) to Ft. Lauderdale 2:00PM May 18 on Jet Blue #388
- Change planes in Fort Lauderdale. 7:37PM on Jet Blue flight #2080 to Washington Reagan National (DCA). Arrive at 10:04PM
- Travel Risks
- Health Insurance Information
- Overview of Included Costs
- Overview of not Included Costs
- Contact & Emergency Contact info
- This document contains info about the best ways to stay in touch with family and friends while in CUBA. Please share this with your loved ones!
- Packing Health Gifts
- First checked bag on UNITED $30 | Second Bag $40 | Up to 62.0 linear inches (157cm) L + W + H and 50.0 lbs (23 kg) per bag. (United Website for Checked Bags)
- United Airlines allows a free carry-on item. (9in. x14in. x 22in.). Please check the United website for other restrictions or guidance. (United Website for Carry-On Bags)
- Clients are responsible for the checking their own baggage and paying the appropriate fees.
- Weather in May (Havana/Trinidad) Average lows of 72, highs of 87/88.
- Currency Costs Tipping
- How Much Money Should I Bring?
- What kind of currency should we use?
- Do credit/debit card work? (NO!!)
- Travel Insurance Information. To protect your investment, consider Travel Insurance, which can be purchased at any time. Be aware, however, that Travel Insurance is most effective when purchased with a few days of making your initial deposit.
FUN STUDY AND PREPARATION
- General Book List
- General Video List
- Santería Readings and Videos (Ken Schweitzer’s specific area of expertise)
IMPORTANT RELATED WEBSITES
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) for Cuba Travel
- US Department of State – Cuba Travel Warning
- List of Restricted Entities and Sub Entities Associated with Cuba as of November 9, 2017 (Check this out. But don’t worry, we don’t come near most of these entities during our tour)